Saturday, October 7th, 2017
Pregnancy Yoga starts Wednesday 11th October 5-6pm
This 5-week Pregnancy Yoga course is designed for nurturing and supporting women during pregnancy, labour, and mothering. The teacher, Rebeca Montero, is a qualified Pregnancy and Birth Preparation Yoga teacher.
These classes help the students to explore how yoga postures, breathing techniques, and meditation can help to navigate the many changes and challenges that pregnancy brings. They offer a peaceful environment to relax, replenish energy, and connect with the growing baby.
Preparing for labour is an integral part of each class; The on-going practice of postures and breathing enables students to approach the birth of their baby feeling excited, prepared, and empowered, however the labour unfolds.
Small class size allows time for women to share feelings, fears, hopes and experiences and to grow and share in a supportive group of other pregnant mums.
– Flowing postures to increase strength and flexibility, prevent and release back pain and other pregnancy discomforts, and build energy and fitness.
– Simple breathing practices to relieve stress and anxiety and to create a sense of inner calm, focus and inner strength which can be called upon in labour and times of stress or worry.
– Time spent stilling the mind from the busyness of everyday life and turning the attention inwards to connect with the baby. Through connecting with the baby during pregnancy we lay the foundations for one of the most important relationships of life and help the mothers to prepare for birth, for meeting the baby and for the mothering journey.
– Optimal Foetal Positioning where we explore how postures can encourage the baby to come into the most favourable position for birth.
– Exploration of how yoga postures, breathing, movements, visualisations and sound can support during labour and birth, encouraging the mothers to feel confident, excited and empowered however and wherever the baby is born.
The cost is £12 for a single Drop In or £50 for the 5 week course (if you miss a week, you can make it up on another course). Sign up online, limited places available!